The question of whether Microsoft or Apple made better computers is an age-old one. Well, probably not that old since home computers and laptops began appearing in the 1970s. Since then both these brands have dominated the market.
If you need a computer or laptop to work on, choosing between a Mac or a PC isn’t that difficult. You just need to know what you want to do. Let’s break it down for you.
Apple Macbooks, iMacs and iPhones are the creations of Steve Jobs, Steve Wozniak and Ronald Wayne who started the company in 1976. Their machines run on the Mac OS X operating system. Mac OS X can only be used by Apple made computers. You should choose a Mac if:
- You’re a designer, videographer or work on anything that needs high-quality visuals. Apple has established itself as the go-to system for designers because of the type of applications they offer, which are very graphic-centric.
- You need a sturdy and hardy system. You travel a lot and need a machine that can withstand years or bumps and scratches and still function like brand new at the end of the day.
- You have a large budget, as Macs tend to be pricier than PCs.
Microsoft is the brainchild of Bill Gates and they developed the Windows OS. Microsoft has a larger market worldwide as they offer systems that suit more general uses and their OS can be used by various computers brands like Dell, HP, Lenovo and more.
- You need a regular PC for normal work like documents, spreadsheets, presentations, etc.
- You work in a fixed location and hardly need to take your systems everywhere in the world.
You’re on a tight budget and prefer something more affordable.